AWS certifications are a great way for software developers to show potential employers that they have the skills and knowledge to work with AWS products and technologies. But with so many AWS certifications to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start.
In this article, we will explore what it means to be certified as an AWS developer. What can you expect from taking such exams and the resources you need to use to earn the certification? Let’s find out!
1. What is the best AWS cloud certification to start with for software developers ?
If you’re a software developer looking to get AWS certified, the best place to start is the AWS Certified Developer – Associate level certification. This certification covers the fundamental AWS architectural principles and services including how to write code, deploy applications, and troubleshoot common problems, giving you a strong foundation on which to build your AWS knowledge.
Once you have successfully completed the AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam, you’ll be well-positioned to pursue more advanced AWS certifications, such as the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate or the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional.
So if you’re ready to enhance your AWS development skills, get started with the AWS Developer Associate certification today!
2. Why Become an AWS Certified Developer Associate?
There are many reasons why software developers might want to pursue AWS certification. As businesses increasingly move to the cloud, there is a growing demand for developers who are equipped to work with AWS technologies. By becoming an AWS Certified Developer Associate, you will be better positioned to take advantage of new career opportunities as they arise.
The benefits of holding this credential include the following advantages:
- The AWS Certified Developer Associate level is the first step in becoming a certified AWS developer, and can open up opportunities for career advancement and higher salaries.
- AWS certification provides an opportunity to learn about advanced cloud development concepts and practices.
- Becoming an AWS Certified Developer Associate demonstrates that you have the skills required to develop applications on the AWS platform.
- Earning the certification proves that you have mastered the basics of developing on AWS, which could lead to a promotion or better job prospects.
- The certification is globally recognized, so you can demonstrate your skills to employers all over the world.
- There are many training courses available to help you prepare for the exam, and they are offered by some of the top providers in the industry.
So whether you’re just starting out in your career or you’re looking to thrive in the AWS cloud development world, pursuing an AWS certification is a great way to do it!
3. Top 3 resources for preparing for the AWS Certified Developer exam
If you’re a software developer looking to add an AWS certification to your resume, you’ll need to put in some time to prepare for the exam. While there’s no one-size-fits-all study plan, these three resources can help you get started:
1. The Ultimate AWS Certified Developer Associate 2022 – NEW : This course provided by Udemy is specifically designed to help people prepare for the AWS exam. It covers all the key topics you’ll need to know for the exam. The course is well-structured and easy to follow, and it comes with a money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with it.
2. The A Cloud Guru AWS Certified Developer Course: This course, taught by Matt Bailey, a certified AWS Solutions Architect, covers all of the topics you’ll need to know for the exam. In addition to video lectures, the course includes practice questions and downloadable cheat sheets.
3. The AWS Certified Developer Practice Exam : This practice exam, offered by Whizlabs, simulates the format and difficulty of the actual exam. It includes 65 questions and an answer key with explanations.
So there you have it – three great resources to help you prepare for the AWS Certified Developer exam. Good luck!
4. Who should consider getting certified as an AWS Developer ?
Any software developer who wants to use AWS should consider getting certified as an AWS Developer. The AWS Certified Developer exam is designed to test your ability to develop, deploy, and debug applications on AWS. If you’re looking to make a career out of working with AWS, then getting certified is a no-brainer.
To earn this certification, a candidate must have at least one year of experience working with AWS. In addition, the candidate must be able to show that they have the skills to build applications that are scalable, reliable, and high-performing.
If you want to work with the latest technologies, specialize in a particular field or just have some technical know-how then earning an AWS Certification might be right up your alley.
5. How much does it cost to take the AWS certification?
If you’re looking to get certified in the AWS cloud, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost. The answer depends on a few factors, but we can give you a general idea.
First, you’ll need to decide which level of certification you want to pursue. The three levels are Associate, Professional, and Specialist. Each level has its own set of exams, so the cost will vary depending on which one you choose.
- The Associate level is the entry-level certification, and it consists of one exam. The cost of the exam is $150, and you can expect to spend about 20 hours preparing for it.
- The Professional level is the next step up, and it consists of two exams. The cost of each exam is $300, and you can expect to spend about 40 hours preparing for them.
- The Specialist level is the highest level of certification, and it consists of three exams. The cost of each exam is $400, and you can expect to spend about 60 hours preparing for them.
Once you pass the exam, you will be certified for two years. After this period, you will need to renew your certification by taking an exam or completing a training course which costs around $150.
That being said, the investment can be well worth it for many software developers. The AWS Certified Developer certification is one of the most highly respected certifications in the industry, and it can open up a number of doors in terms of job opportunities and salary negotiation.
So if you’re serious about pursuing a career in cloud development, the AWS Certified Developer cost is something you’ll definitely want to factor into your budget. And just remember that this is an investment in your future, and it will pay off in the long run!
6. How difficult is the AWS certification exam?
For software developers the AWS Certified Developer Associate certification exam can be a daunting task. With a difficulty level of 4, 225 questions and a passing score of 70%, it’s important to make sure you’re prepared before taking the exam.
By taking the time to prepare for the AWS certification exam, you can increase your chances of passing and earn your AWS Certified Developer credential. You can take a look at this article on how to prepare for an AWS certification exam.
What topics are covered on the exam?
The AWS certification exam is meant to assess a candidate’s knowledge and skills of the most commonly used features in various areas. Topics include cloud services, networking & security best practices for data centers as well as protocols involved with virtual machine management software like Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) or Elastic Networking Service(ENS).
If you are already familiar with these topics, then you should have no problem passing the exam!
7. Tips to pass the AWS Certified Developer exam on your first try: Get certified in one shot!
AWS certification is one of the most popular certifications for software developers. However, the exam can be challenging, and many candidates fail on their first attempt. Here are some tips to help you pass the AWS Certified Developer exam on your first try:
- First, make sure that you have a strong understanding of the core AWS services. The exam covers a lot of ground, and you will need to know your stuff to pass.
- Second, familiarize yourself with the exam format, which outlines the topics that will be covered on the exam, and it’s a great way to focus your study.
- Third, take some practice exams. There are plenty of resources out there to help you prepare for the real thing.
- Fourth, find a study group and forums dedicated to helping people prepare for the AWS Certified Developer exam, and they can be a great resource for finding information and support.
- Finally, don’t wait until the last minute to study. Start studying early, and give yourself enough time to really learn the material.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to passing the AWS Certified Developer exam without any difficulties!
8. After you pass the exam – what’s next?
So, you’ve studied for the AWS certification exam and you have successfully passed the exam. But what’s next?
Once you’ve passed the AWS certification exam, you’ll be able to add the AWS Certified Developer title to your resume. This will help you stand out from other software developers and show potential employers that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to work with the AWS platform.
In addition, passing the exam will give you access to exclusive resources and support from AWS. If you’re looking to further your career as a software developer, becoming certified is a great way to show employers that you’re serious about your craft, and can even give you a salary boost.
Earning your AWS certification is just the beginning of your career in the cloud. With your new skills and knowledge, you’ll be able to take your career to the next level!